LINE POINTS ADS SERVICE GUIDELINES
This LINE Points Ads Service Guidelines (the "Guidelines") sets forth the terms regarding the Partner's use of the LINE Points Ads Service (the "Service") and will be used additionally with the General Terms and Conditions and the Specific Terms of the LINE Points Ads Service (the "Specific Terms"). Capitalized terms not defined in the
Guidelines shall have the same meanings as set forth in the General Terms and Conditions and/or the Specific Terms.
1. About the Service
(1) The Service does not guarantee the occurrence of purchase or downloads in respect of the Partner's Advertisements.
(2) LINE shall not be liable for any damage and/or malfunction to or of Partner's products, program or server.
(3) LINE shall not be liable for any comments by a third party related to the Service (including, but not limited to, postings on the internet).
2. Matters to be attended to
(1) Publication of the Partner's Advertisements may be started and/or stopped at any time at LINE's sole discretion.
(2) The amount of LINE Points to be handed out to Users may change without prior notice to the Partner.
(3) The Partner shall comply in all respects with the Advertisement Publication Standards.
(4) The Advertisement Publication Standards may change without prior notice to the Partner at LINE's sole discretion.
(5) The price, vacancy and release date of advertisement space under the Service may change without prior notice to the Partner.
3. Prohibited Matters
In addition to the Advertisement Publication Standards, LINE prohibits the publishing and distribution of any Partner's Advertisements which contains the following:
(1) Obscene or indecent expression or contents that may disturb the wholesome growth of younger generations;
(2) Contents that infringe any copyrights or other intellectual property rights;
(3) Contents that may infringe a third party's rights including the right to protect its honor, trust or privacy, and/or its proprietary rights;
(4) Contents that are not in compliance with any applicable laws, rules and regulations, including, but not limited to, international treaties, national laws and regulations, and local ordinances, and/or contents that may encourage such incompliance;
(5) Expressions that are contrary to public order and good morals or violate generally accepted standards of decency or which are antisocial in nature;
(6) Advertisements that are not related to the contents that Partner had previously notified to LINE;
(7) Contents that will bring disgrace or disrepute to LINE and/or will disturb the operation of the Service;
(8) Contents that distribute false or misleading information;
(9) Listing the links to LINE's customer support page or any other links to pages of LINE's services without prior notification to LINE; or
(10) Any other matter that LINE finds inappropriate.
4. Criteria for distribution of “Pre-registration”
For the Partner’s Advertisements which needs "Pre-registration" of a third party, including a User (“Pre-registration Campaign”), in addition to the Advertisement Publication Standards and the provisions set forth in Section 4 of these Guidelines, LINE prohibits the publication and distribution of any Partner's Advertisements that includes the following:
(1) advertisements which cannot render a reward that the Company reasonably deems to be effective to the Users participating in the Pre-registration Campaign;
(2) advertisements which acquires more personal information than LINE reasonably deems necessary for Users to participate in the Pre-registration Campaign;
(3) Partner’s Advertisements which promotes applications and/or software within the site that conducts the Pre-registration process ("Pre-registration Site") other than the application and/or software of the Pre-registration Campaign;
(4) advertisements that utilizes personal information of a third party outside the scope of the conditions set forth in Section 3 of these Guidelines;
(5) advertisements in which the process of Pre-registration on the Pre-registration Site is complicated for the Users participating in the Pre-registration Campaign;
(6) advertisements in which the recognition or confirmation of the completion of Pre-registration process is complicated for the Users participating in the Pre-registration Campaign;
(7) advertisements with the tracking URL implemented by the Partner which is reasonably deemed to be insufficient by LINE;
(8) advertisements which changes or modifies the Pre-registration Site after the assessment test of the tracking URL by LINE;
(9) any false information contained or published on the Pre-registration Site; or
(10) Partner's Advertisements without any mechanism to notify the Users participating in the Pre-registration Campaign of the actual release of the application and/or software.
(Special Provisions for Targeted Advertisement)
Purpose of these Special Provisions
LINE provides these special provisions for the service that the Partner will be able to display the Partner’s Advertisements to specific Users whom the Partner designates in advance. These special provisions will apply together with the Guidelines.
1. Provision of information
(1) Partner shall provide LINE with all information LINE separately designates ("Designated Information") in the manner and by the date specified by LINE.
(2) Partner warrants that the Designated Information was obtained by the Partner and provided to LINE in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. In the case where LINE incurs any damages or loss as a result of or due to a cause attributable to the Designated Information, Partner shall immediately compensate LINE for the said damages, including but not limited to legal fees; provided, however, that this clause will not apply in the case where the said damages are attributable to LINE.
(3) LINE will not disclose the Designated Information to any third party without Partner’s consent; provided, however, that LINE may disclose the Designated Information to its subsidiaries and other group companies to the extent necessary to provide the Service to the Partner. LINE will take all appropriate means to prevent the Designated Information from unintentional or unauthorized disclosure or leakage.
(4) LINE will delete or destroy the Designated Information it receives from the Partner (except for information that it owns prior to receiving the same from the Partner) after a certain period. LINE will not inform the Partner of the deletion or destruction of the Designated Information.
2. Target of advertisements
LINE will display the Partner’s Advertisements to the targeted Users based on the Designated Information.
(1) LINE will verify Users’ attributes based on the Designated Information. LINE presumes and categorizes Users’ attributes based on Users’ usage histories. LINE does not guarantee that each User actually has the attributes that LINE presumes.
(2) The Partner’s Advertisements will not be displayed to the Users who set up their device to block the receipt of any targeted advertisements.
Last updated on October 19,2016